Ecommerce Business – Buyers and Sellers Must Select the Type of Ecommerce Business
Ecommerce is the action of selling or buying goods over the Internet or over various online facilities. It is like a traditional trade, but with a difference in several aspects like, it involves no physical interaction with people, rather, only electronic information is exchanged. Nowadays, more people are using the World Wide Web as a medium to perform shopping. This has led to increase in demand for ecommerce activities and businesses.
The major benefit of ecommerce businesses is that it helps the buyers and sellers directly deal with each other. There is no need of trading brokers and middlemen. Hence, there is significant reduction in the cost of conducting business. Also, the overhead cost is reduced significantly. Ecommerce services provide the customers with a wide range of options. Some of the most common ecommerce activities include:
There are many different ecommerce business models available in the market. Different ecommerce websites have different features, services, and capabilities. It is up to the buyer to choose the website that is right for him/her. Several factors like ease of operation, reputation of the service provider, fast delivery, satisfaction of customer etc play a vital role in deciding which website one should select.
Various factors affect the success of any online business model like; location, availability of resources (human and technical), time and cost restraint. In case of ecommerce, the most important factor is time. A large number of buyers prefer to conduct their business during normal working hours. Therefore, online business owners must ensure faster and reliable delivery of goods to the intended locations.
There are several benefits of ecommerce businesses. One of the major benefits is that it enables the buyer and seller to do business together from different locations. This enhances the chances of growth and success of both the parties. Moreover, in this type of businesses, the sellers can offer a wider variety of products and services and buyers can select from a wide range of items. It has also simplified business process and reduced business operating cost by reducing costs associated with purchasing of inventory, packaging, shipping etc.
However, before starting an ecommerce business, it is necessary to determine the type of business you want to run. For example, there are different ecommerce businesses such as apparel stores, jewelry stores, gifts shops, automotive stores, toy stores, book shops, health product stores, clothes stores etc. The products offered in each of these ecommerce businesses vary. For example, if you want to start selling clothing, you will need to source products from different suppliers. However, if you want to start selling gift items, you will not be able to source them from different suppliers and must source them from one single supplier.
A competent professional with around 15 years of Information Technology experience in the field of software design, development & maintenance of Web Sites and Web-based applications.
- Holding strong skills to play “Web Application” role in Programmer and Developer.
- Having good exposure to provide Project Estimation, Documentation, also holding good experience in designing, developing and project implementation, estimation support functions and software requirements & analysis study.
- Dynamic, skilled professional with proven success in designing and developing n-tier client/server architecture based on Web Application.
- Strong understanding of OOA/OOP, architecture and programming with a focus on Web Engineering
- Ability to lead agile projects and Iteration based projects and distributed teams.
- Ability to Quick Learn, Hard work, Smart Work, Teamwork, Good time manager, Adaptable to any environment.
- My Strength is Positive thinking, Regularity, Sincere, Self Confidence, Friendly Nature, Leadership Qualities.