Ecommerce security is the codes that secure the safe exchange of information on the internet. It consists of many protocols that protect people who engage in e-business and online buying and selling of various goods and services. There are different ways of securing ecommerce features and these include the use of passwords, use of digital certificates, use of smart cards and so on. Sometimes, a breach of security occurs when ecommerce vendors allow others to have direct access to the private information stored on their web servers.
Email is one of the most important means of spreading ecommerce security breaches because a majority of business owners do not make it a habit to check if their email systems are secure or not. A security breach can be a serious problem and can even lead to legal action against the website owner. Security breaches may occur due to a number of reasons. The most common reason is lack of proper security configurations or an insecure server.
Credit card details are often the cause of online stores and businesses getting hacked. Exchanging credit card information over the internet is common practice, which is also the cause for people divulging their confidential information on the World Wide Web. For this reason, it is advisable for online stores to only accept payments using secure servers. Most ecommerce merchants follow the practice of using online payment systems like PayPal, while others prefer systems like credit card payments.
Ecommerce merchants need to consider some factors that will help them determine the kind of security measures they need to implement. Factors such as attack surface, or the number of hackers who can infiltrate an ecommerce site. Another factor is the amount of confidential information that has to be accessible by hackers on the server. Another aspect is the amount of time the server has to stay up and operational. Time is often a very important factor, as it will affect the merchant’s ability to get business. Another important factor is the level of user threat that will come from various attacks.
There is another important ecommerce factor that has to be considered at the customer perspective. This is the probability of an unauthorized person gaining access to the database of the ecommerce site. An unauthorized person may attempt to make any changes to the product information, as well as accessing and altering the credit card details. There is a high risk of an unauthorized person obtaining physical access to the warehouse and products stored on it. As soon as these people have physical access, they can easily withdraw the money or sell them to other customers.
It is important to take preventive measures to reduce the chances of cyber Attacks on ecommerce stores. Customers must make use of various protective measures to make use of the ecommerce security measures available on the Internet. In this way, the risks associated with online transactions can be reduced and the likelihood of cyber-attacks can be minimized.
A competent professional with around 15 years of Information Technology experience in the field of software design, development & maintenance of Web Sites and Web-based applications.
- Holding strong skills to play “Web Application” role in Programmer and Developer.
- Having good exposure to provide Project Estimation, Documentation, also holding good experience in designing, developing and project implementation, estimation support functions and software requirements & analysis study.
- Dynamic, skilled professional with proven success in designing and developing n-tier client/server architecture based on Web Application.
- Strong understanding of OOA/OOP, architecture and programming with a focus on Web Engineering
- Ability to lead agile projects and Iteration based projects and distributed teams.
- Ability to Quick Learn, Hard work, Smart Work, Teamwork, Good time manager, Adaptable to any environment.
- My Strength is Positive thinking, Regularity, Sincere, Self Confidence, Friendly Nature, Leadership Qualities.