What is Search Engine Optimization? Search engine optimization is basically the process of enhancing the quantity and quality of site visitors to a site or a particular web page by search engines like Google, Yahoo! or Bing. SEO aims at free traffic as opposed to paid or direct traffic.
When you set out to do SEO, there are certain rules that you need to follow. SEO should be done on a regular basis and it is important that your keywords should be in use for each Web page. The number of Web pages you will need to build to support your SEO effort should also be determined according to the nature of business you have.
Once you have the Web site and content ready, the next important step is to create meaningful links. Links are crucial when SEO because they supply information to the search spiders about the existence of a particular Web site. Without links, the search robots may simply ignore your site and leave it to die. The more relevant, well-established and popular your links are, the better they are for your SEO. It is also essential to get as many links as possible pointing to your Web site.
While writing your content, it is important to keep in mind how the words will be used by the search engines in their algorithms. You can use keywords to help describe the contents of your site in terms of keyword density over specific sections of your Web site. This will help the spiders crawling your site understand the theme of your Web pages and the kinds of things they wish to find. It is also important to choose the right kind of keywords and keyword phrases.
The content on your website will help to establish your reputation, and you therefore want it to be worth reading and viewing. SEO content should not merely repeat what has already been published on the same website. Rather it should add something new or improve upon what has been already published. It is important to tailor your SEO content to suit the needs of the different search engines, and not to try and please everyone all at once. The spiders and bots are only interested in ranking highly for particular terms if the information provided actually offers useful and relevant content.
In conclusion, SEO is an ongoing process, which requires you to constantly review your Web site and your marketing campaigns and make changes where necessary. However, you do not have to do this yourself. There are companies who specialize in SEO services, who can help you achieve the best SEO results for your business. However, it is up to you to use your creativity and initiative in creating effective content that will attract visitors to your site, and help the search engines to rank you highly for your chosen keywords. As a result of these efforts, the Search Engines will list you high in the rankings and help you to receive free traffic.
A competent professional with around 15 years of Information Technology experience in the field of software design, development & maintenance of Web Sites and Web-based applications.
- Holding strong skills to play “Web Application” role in Programmer and Developer.
- Having good exposure to provide Project Estimation, Documentation, also holding good experience in designing, developing and project implementation, estimation support functions and software requirements & analysis study.
- Dynamic, skilled professional with proven success in designing and developing n-tier client/server architecture based on Web Application.
- Strong understanding of OOA/OOP, architecture and programming with a focus on Web Engineering
- Ability to lead agile projects and Iteration based projects and distributed teams.
- Ability to Quick Learn, Hard work, Smart Work, Teamwork, Good time manager, Adaptable to any environment.
- My Strength is Positive thinking, Regularity, Sincere, Self Confidence, Friendly Nature, Leadership Qualities.