Shopify is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company. The company’s proprietary platform is used to create online stores and retail point-of-sale systems. Its products are geared towards the small and medium-sized businesses. This e-commerce platform is easy to use and enables a business to grow without the need for extensive IT infrastructure. It is also extremely flexible and customizable. It is currently used by over a million businesses worldwide.
Shopify has grown a lot in a decade. Its gross merchandise volume topped $30.9 billion in the third quarter of 2020, more than doubling the company’s size a year ago. Today, the company boasts more than one million merchants. The basic software package is available for free for most small businesses. However, some users prefer to pay thousands of dollars per month to subscribe to the premium version, called “Shopify Plus.” This upgrade provides more flexibility and customization and is responsible for 25 percent of Shopify’s monthly recurring revenue.
The Shopify platform is extremely flexible. You can create an online store for almost any product. The platform is also highly customizable and can be adapted to fit the size of your business. You can also add more than one product or service to your store. You can easily customize the layout, design, and functionality of your website. You can even sell the same products across different websites. This way, your customers will have easy access to the same products.
There are a few cons to Shopify. Although the platform offers plenty of customization features, its lack of features makes it difficult for users to customize their store the way they want. To make your website more attractive to customers, you have to buy add-ons or plugins. These add-ons and extensions are paid for with a monthly subscription. There are also some limitations that come with the platform. A lot of people don’t use its full potential, but it is worth exploring it.
Once you’ve selected your theme, you can start adding your products and customizing your store. After you’ve uploaded your products, you can customize your store’s theme and logo. You can also customize the look and feel of your store. You can also customize the related items functionality of each product. You can choose the type of items you want to sell. With this, you can expand your business and make more money. If you’re serious about selling, you should invest in Shopify.
Aside from its low cost, it offers many customization options. For example, if you want to sell your products on the internet, you can customize your store’s color scheme and fonts. The platform’s theme editor lets you make changes to most of the parts of your store, including the layout. For advanced customization, you’ll need to learn liquid programming language, which is based on ruby on rails. Nevertheless, the interface of Shopify is very simple, so you can quickly add and remove any feature you want to it.
A competent professional with around 15 years of Information Technology experience in the field of software design, development & maintenance of Web Sites and Web-based applications.
- Holding strong skills to play “Web Application” role in Programmer and Developer.
- Having good exposure to provide Project Estimation, Documentation, also holding good experience in designing, developing and project implementation, estimation support functions and software requirements & analysis study.
- Dynamic, skilled professional with proven success in designing and developing n-tier client/server architecture based on Web Application.
- Strong understanding of OOA/OOP, architecture and programming with a focus on Web Engineering
- Ability to lead agile projects and Iteration based projects and distributed teams.
- Ability to Quick Learn, Hard work, Smart Work, Teamwork, Good time manager, Adaptable to any environment.
- My Strength is Positive thinking, Regularity, Sincere, Self Confidence, Friendly Nature, Leadership Qualities.