What Is SEO and How Does it Help My Website?
SEO (search engine optimization) is a must for any website owner or blog manager. SEO increases the number of people that view your site, resulting in an increased amount of revenue. There are three components to successful SEO. Proper keyword selection, content, and linking all make up SEO. A well thought out SEO plan will result in an increased amount of site traffic and potential revenue.
Search engine optimization is the method of increasing the quality and volume of site visitors to a site or a particular web page by search engines. SEO targets both paid and unpaid traffic and is designed to increase both direct and referred traffic. SEO is based on search engine algorithms and the use of specific keywords or phrases that a website should be optimized for. These keywords should not be obvious, but should be well researched to avoid repetition.
Search engine optimization has become increasingly popular as the Internet becomes more popular. There are literally millions of websites online. To rank highly in a search engine, a website needs to be listed in the top 10% of results for its specific target keyword or phrase. For example, if someone was searching for dog collars, the first and most important feature someone would look at is the title, the first sentence, and then the rest of the article.
This is how SEO works. SEO ranks your site higher in the results when it recognizes keywords within your text or as part of a URL. You can also optimize for specific keywords by using tags and keywords within your site design. Tags are descriptions of your site or specific keywords that you want to rank higher.
SEO also requires quality content. SEO thrives off well written, relevant content. Search engines provide fresh content regularly to index. When a search engine encounters content that it does not recognize, it will send the user to a page with more relevant information. A well written, relevant article or blog becomes much more valuable to the user and the search engine.
Optimizing your website for the search engine is a continuous process. Your SEO strategy should include changing your site’s content often to keep your site relevant and fresh. It is important to use keywords in your articles and blog postings, but don’t rely on SEO alone. SEO is just one of many ways you can build a successful online business. Remember to constantly add fresh content to your website and be sure to keep your SEO strategies current so that you will enjoy long-term success.
A competent professional with around 15 years of Information Technology experience in the field of software design, development & maintenance of Web Sites and Web-based applications.
- Holding strong skills to play “Web Application” role in Programmer and Developer.
- Having good exposure to provide Project Estimation, Documentation, also holding good experience in designing, developing and project implementation, estimation support functions and software requirements & analysis study.
- Dynamic, skilled professional with proven success in designing and developing n-tier client/server architecture based on Web Application.
- Strong understanding of OOA/OOP, architecture and programming with a focus on Web Engineering
- Ability to lead agile projects and Iteration based projects and distributed teams.
- Ability to Quick Learn, Hard work, Smart Work, Teamwork, Good time manager, Adaptable to any environment.
- My Strength is Positive thinking, Regularity, Sincere, Self Confidence, Friendly Nature, Leadership Qualities.